Technical Support Specialist II
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Technical Support Specialist II is responsible for providing technical support for Sentact Solutions. Responsibilities include working with internal and external customers to troubleshoot, document, identify the root cause, and resolve technical problems. The Technical Support Specialist I will need to have an understanding of each piece of the technical stack from the hardware layer to the application code.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and have a passion for technology, customers, and problem-solving. If you are self-driven, enjoy working in a team environment, have a pioneering spirit and enjoy helping others be successful, Sentact may be a fit for you.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain a working knowledge of Sentact supported products and technologies
- Act as a technical resource for technical support teams
- Identify, document, confirm product defects
- Work with all levels of support to document resolutions and continually drive first call/first touch resolution
- Interact with customers, partners, field teams, and software developers to provide technical advice and assistance and define requirements
- Prioritize, research, troubleshoot and resolve or escalate technical issues. As needed, identify workarounds and communicate to customers.
- Troubleshoot and analyze databases, application servers and new technologies
- Participate in root-cause analysis, communicate options for resolution and provide recommendations to cusoter-facing technical problems.
- Contribute to documentation of technology best practices
- Ensure the Support team is proactive in pursuit of new solutions and efficiencies within our technology practice.
- May be involved in deployment or training opportunities internally and with customers
- May assist in client implementation and coordination of the build process
- May be asked to train and mentor other Support members.
- Duties and technical issues may sometimes require extended work hours, including weekend and holidays with a rotating on-call schedule
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to a variety of audiences at different levels and with different backgrounds
- Works well in a team environment, as well as independently
- Enjoys and excels at problem-solving and assisting others
- Familiarity with networking, databases, and mobile applications
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects/clients simultaneously
- Highly organized and detail-oriented; strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to make sound decisions based on customer needs and product knowledge
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure to deliver high-quality solutions
- Ability to express understand complex technical concepts
- Ability to diplomatically deal with upset or challenging customers
DESIRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Required. Bachelor’s degree in related discipline preferred
- 3+ years product or technical support experience
- Proficiency in: Microsoft Office Suite, CRM Tools (including salesforce.com), Database Solutions, Remote Access Tools (Citrix, VPN)
- Travel may be required