Christopher Dube, Chief Operating Officer
In last week’s blog, we reviewed the 3 Components of a Comprehensive Rounding Solution. Now that we fully understand the components and how a comprehensive solution differs from independent rounds, let’s learn more about how it can benefit your organization.
Why should your organization implement a comprehensive rounding solution? Here are 5 benefits of such an initiative:
- Reporting: The data acquired while rounding in a single department is valuable but imagine if you had data across all areas in a hospital. By rolling up all data, management has better reporting capabilities and gets a better picture of the hospital’s effectiveness, areas that need improvement, and can even make better management decisions.
- Transparency: Using a consistent approach across all departments, team members, employees, and caregivers contribute to a common goal. With a comprehensive rounding solution, Hospital Administration can communicate the results, initiatives, and decisions creating transparency across the enterprise. Teams understand their contribution to something greater and adoption of rounding continues to increase.
- Increase in Patient Satisfaction: Patient Satisfaction is not just a final survey at discharge. Patient Satisfaction is impacted by all departments throughout a patient’s entire stay from Food & Nutrition, to Clinical Care, to Environmental Services. By implementing a comprehensive rounding solution, hospitals now have more complete and thorough data for a more accurate patient satisfaction score.
- Continual Process Improvement: A comprehensive rounding tool will not only discover areas that need to be corrected but also help for larger more thorough process improvement initiatives to be created. By creating global process improvement initiatives, a greater impact is felt across the organization.
- A Culture of Safety: The corrections that come out of independent rounds are important but occur on a much smaller scale and only impact a small area. A true culture of safety comes about when you focus on the entire organization not just one small department.
The best thing about a comprehensive rounding solution is that the benefits occur shortly after implementation. The return of your investment begins immediately.