M. Lynn O’Donnell, Director of Marketing
The CJR (Comprehensive Care for Joint Replacement) Model went into effect on April 1, 2016. This model holds participant hospitals fiscally accountable for the quality and cost of a CJR. The rule also promotes and incentivizes increased coordination of care among hospitals, physicians, and post-acute care providers. If your hospital or healthcare network is selected, are you prepared to gather, analyze, and report on the data to receive reconciliation payments?
Reconciliation payments are linked to quality measures. These measurements are based on a composite score of:
- Hospital-Level Risk Standardized Complication Rate (RSCR) following Elective Primary Total Hip Arthroplasty (THA) and/or Total Knee Arthroplasty (TKA) measure
- Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (HCAHPS) measure
To help hospitals succeed in this endeavor, an electronic rounding solution is required as paper trails are expensive, labor intensive, and inefficient. Using a rounding solution such as Sentact, hospitals can:
- Coordinate and improve patient communication across hospitals, physicians, and post-acute care givers reducing readmission rates
- Improve care transitions across hospitals, physicians, and post-acute caregivers improving patient satisfaction
- Reduce infections by communicating discharge instructions thoroughly
- Increase HCAHPS significantly by identifying quality issues and taking corrective action(s)
A rounding solution not only helps a hospital comply with the CJR rule and receive reconciliation payments but also increases patient satisfaction as well as quality across the care continuum.